EGDF welcomes organisations and individuals to join them in their mission by becoming a member organisation or a supporter.
A member organisation is any legally constituted organisation involved in the provision of guide dogs or assistance dogs which subscribes to the applicable international standards and/or represents the interests of European guide dog owners and which:
- applies to EGDF on the approved form;
- has aims that in no way contravene those of the federation;
- is approved by the board or the membership committee; and pays the relevant subscription.
A supporter is an individual or an organisation directly or indirectly concerned with guide dogs who/which supports the objects and wishes to be associated with EGDF but does not have the right to vote at general meetings.
Having supporters throughout Europe strengthens the voice of guide dog owners and providers.
Supporters benefit from:
- Certificate of membership
- Regular newsletters
- Eligible to participate in conferences and seminars organised by EGDF
- Eligible for membership of working groups
- Help and assistance from the organisation, as required
- Being a resource for EGDF to call upon when needed.
- Join in Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Intending supporters can apply by completing the Supporter Application Form and paying the relevant subscription.
The minimum subscription for individual supporters is €50 or £45; for organisation supporters it is €125 or £112.50.